Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wallace Tripp


I don’t remember exactly when I first came across Wallace Tripp, but I do know it must have been a young age—my dad had somehow come into possession of his book, “Wurst Seller”, and I’ve always admired Tripp’s illustrations and wit displayed in this book, even if some of it was probably not appropriate for a little girl.



Wallace Tripp has purportedly illustrated over 40 books, one of these being parts of the “Amelia Bedelia” series, which I also loved as a child.  I was surprised to discover this fact, as the only thing I had previously associated him with was “Wurst Seller”.



“Wurst Seller” is a compilation of silly and dramatic illustrations, though the most of them run the silly course.  Most of the illustrations are simple, but still retain the sketchy, casual feeling that Tripp emulates through his illustrations.  However, some drawings have small areas that are extremely detailed which show off Tripp’s talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment