Tuesday, February 8, 2011

David Jablow


I can’t find much on David Jablow online, but all I really need to know is that he is talented and extremely creative.  Jablow took it upon himself to fill in a “doodle pad” from the 1960s with different illustrations, using the permanent outline of a woman as the base of the drawing. 



I found Jablow’s art through the application “StumbleUpon”, and I was impressed with how many different ideas he came up with.  The different situations he puts the woman on the doodle pad through are often times hilarious and far-fetched, and they are always well thought out and intricately detailed.  I was also surprised by how different he made the woman look in each drawing, despite the somewhat awkward position she is put in.



Jablow retains a certain style while also making his artwork look as though the artist was using the doodle pad for what it was meant for: doodling (albeit very talented doodling). 

You can look at the rest of Jablow’s artwork here, at his flickr account.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kelsey.. just saw this post.
    There's also http://doityourselfdoodler.com/
    I also have other non-Doodler stuff on my website:
    http://davidjablow.com/
    Thanks again!
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like his concept. It is very intriguing and I can't stop looking at it. I really love his composition and detail in the piece. His idea is very different by wanting to do like a doodle style. It is a refreshing take on art and I enjoy looking at his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome, doodling is one of the best ways to pass the time, and to kill boredom. haha i can always appreciate the humor in anything and the repeating of the woman just makes it funnier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the DIY concept of this! It makes me want to see what I can come up with. I agree that these doodles are very well thought out and that Jablow has an excellent imagination. You can tell he had fun with this.

    ReplyDelete