Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Henry Warren Week.3

Hey, here is another artist that I came across and really liked. Many of you may already know this guy, his name is James Jean, a Taiwanese artist that lives and works in Los Angeles, CA.

I really like this piece because I feel it has a strong emotion to it. Jean seams to work mostly in washout watercolors, pastels and ink, but his pieces to me always have a really nice strong finish to them.

One thing that you might notice in this piece, as in the majority of his work, is that there is always an over lay of somberness and struggle. The background in this one is pretty simple but I like the way it allows the rest of the work to really to pop.

You can check out more of his work at http://jamesjean.com/

1 comment:

  1. I like this piece a lot, it's very subtle but evocative.

    ReplyDelete