Wednesday, February 16, 2011

J. C. leyendecker

J. C. leyendecker was an American magazine and advertisement illustrator during the Golden Age of Illustration. He revolutionized the idea of modern magazine design. He did over 400 covers in his life working with the Saturday Evening Post, and also propaganda posters for the United States Army. J. C. leyendecker had his training at the Chicago Art Institute as well. He is one of my favorites of all time because of how well his characters stand out and his understanding of anatomy and human form. He created the mainstream image of Santa Clause, and the new years baby on his covers with the Saturday Evening Post. He has been such a big influence on me ever since researched the golden age of illustration for a presentation a couple years ago. My images don’t look much like his, but I try to take what I see that he has done and apply it to my own work.

http://jcleyendecker.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment