Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tim Biskup


Tim Biskup is an illustrator whose work can be found everywhere illustration is mentioned. I’ve seen his work in numerous magazines and blogs. I often see a lot of illustrators imitating his creations. Tim’s style is retro, but is injected with pop elements that look cartoonish and sometimes psychedelic. This may be because he briefly worked at Cartoon Network. I admire Tim’s ability to use very playful retro shapes and lines to create characters that are all new and unique. His characters are usually monster -like, or alien-like, or even mythical at times. Mostly, his creatures look like sci-fi aliens from cartoons in the 1950’s. I think the characters he creates, along with the vibrant colors and playful composition, make a very pleasant illustration. I’ve always been a sucker for retro designs from the 40’s and 50’s, which I guess is why I’m so drawn to Tim’s work.

1 comment:

  1. Biskup's work indeed looks very familiar. I'm sure sure if it's just him (it could also be his mimickers), but it seems like the warm vs. color color palette is a very common theme in his work. The turquoise and orange-y theme especially lend themselves to a very retro look.

    ReplyDelete