Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Greetings" Comic done by Vicky Lao from ASO mag.




For this week I choose to show a comic strip done by Vicky Lao. I was in the 916 S. Wabash building today working on spreading joy to the Campus with the help of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, when I happened across the magazine done by ASO. This was a well done magazine complete with photos and illustrations. This comic strip was on the first inside page, and it caught my I of course because I like comics and even more illustration.

It looks like it was done by hand, then fixed on software then included in the magazine. I really like the drawing style, it has that anime feel, but in the artist on way. I though it was super funny. Also I love who she incorporated the panel boxes and changed them for added affect, especially the one that looks like extreme action is taking place. I think it was a consistent comic, that had great, simply drawings and comedy as well.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a very successful strip, and the style supports the dialogue well. Plus, it made me smile. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's clever play on words. I like the art style too. It's minimalisitc, but it's cute, and I love the increasingly anguished expressions on the boy on the left's face, and how the texture in the background seems to match it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky is an amazing artist, but I'd like to point out that her last name is Kao.
    (Thanks for showcasing one of Columbia's own. She's gonna go far!)

    ReplyDelete