Wednesday, March 2, 2011

George Pratt


Artist George Pratt's work in the above comic panels are quite unique amongst the usual comic book fair. His work seems to have an atmosphere to it. The way the images are painted, they almost have a dream like, fantastic quality to them. To me, the work seems to hold a lot of detail while at the same time having a fluid simplicity. The image with the soldier, in particular, has a nice sense of motion to it. As seen with the Batman image, there seems to be an underlying layer of symbolic meaning or perhaps a metaphor. I'm not sure since I haven't read the particular comics, but should I ever come across one, I'll pick it up.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Batman picture. The way his wings are so huge and his hands are so claw-like makes him seem more like an animal/human hybrid. Also the orange background and the blue figure give this piece a nice sense of contrast.

    ReplyDelete