Wednesday, October 13, 2010

John Bishop, Illustrator




http://vimeo.com/groups/19223/videos/6151806

I was doing some research for the studio part of this class and came across this video. I was having problems with bringing the video in so I gave a link to it. Above is another example of work from the website. The illustrator is John Bishop. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to share it. When I was younger, I used to do illustrations with friends on big posterboards. I would do one section of it and than hand it off to a friend and he would do some more to complete it. He is an artist that resides in London and was interesting to see how long it took him and that he was doing it while drinking some lemonade and Gin. I guess some people have their own way of concentrating on doing their work. I also posted this because I am going to be moving into a condo soon and was thinking about putting something like this up in my home. This piece functions as a fine art piece and works wonderfully. I am going to start doing some research on this guy and finding more of his artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment