Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 4 ~ Save Energy


I found this image while I was browsing through a forum online and found it hilarious. Because of that, I do not know the artist/creator of the picture. It is a simple drawing of a stick figure you'd see on a men's bathroom sign, however, it's placed uniquely over a light switch that gives it a whole new meaning. I thought it was just really clever yet simple. Turn off your lights and save energy. It reminds me of a project I did back in high school where the school asked the art department to create multiple artworks that would go on light switches much like this image. The school wanted to try a creative approach in reminding students and staff to turn off the lights when they are not using them. I wished I created something as creative as this, though, they would most likely banned it for being inappropriate.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I would love to see a high school's reaction to this in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if more awareness issues were made into comical scenes like this, the message of the issue would stick more with people.

    ReplyDelete