Thursday, October 13, 2011

Daniel Clowes


Daniel Clowes is a Chicago-born cartoonist who has received much critical acclaim for works comic collections such as Eightball and Ghostworld. Clowes' style of comics is one which I am very fond of. Personally, I'm not all that into comics, but I enjoy his work because it deals with the monotony of every-day life. He is capable of presenting miserable people and situations in a way that is funny rather than depressing. His line work can be very bold in some instances, and very detailed in others. I had the privilege of going to see him speak at Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity Temple where he and fellow comic artist Seth were promoting their new publications. It was great to hear him talk about the life of a cartoonist and it made me appreciate his work that much more. I would encourage anyone interested in comics to check him out. His newest book is called Death Ray and it is a story of a superhero... though it is much more than that. Here is a link to his website: http://danielclowes.com/

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice detailed illustration! Kinda wish I could draw like this lol but hey, everyone has their own style.

    ReplyDelete