Tuesday, April 26, 2011

best/worst day rough


This is a laate rough sketch, just working through ideas. I was brainstorming, and I realised that a lot of the best/worst day scenarios were kinda materialistic, like "white people problems" and so I started thinking like, what would make an *actual* worst day: war, rape, hunger.

So through that train of thought, I created two rough sketches. The first one is a nuclear bomb going off, and basically melting the guy's face off. I'm gonna go with this concept, but rework the image completely. It'll be based off this scene from Watchmen ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeDO8L0xs8 ), with skeletons silhouetted by the explosion in the background, running from it.

The second sketch is actually a "best day". There are programs to give kids in Africa laptops, so I drew a wealthy white dude giving a laptop to a starving African child, and theyre both really fucking happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment