Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Best Day Ever


For my best day I'm doing a caricature of myself riding (what will be) a magical turquoise otter through a bright blue sky. Next to me will be a phenomenal koala with a rocket pack that shoots out colorful bubbles and sparkles.I'm planning on inking this illustration by hand and digitally painting it in Photoshop. I wouldn't to do a completely surrealistic scene out of my imagination, but if it ever did happen... it would be the best day ever. I drew a lot of inspiration from Ramon Perez. Someone had posted a panel from his online comic Kukuburi and I feel in love with that fanciful world he created, especially the flying orange whales.

1 comment:

  1. MAGIC!! I love this, can't wait to see it finished. The only thing I think might be weird is the color of the otter against the sky, they might be too similar, but if it was like a Monochrome or Analogous color scheme through the whole pieces that might look cool. I think a "color-comp" would probably be good to work out the colors, but you did say you're doing it in Photoshop so that makes it really easy to try stuff out without committing. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete