Friday, March 9, 2012

This is the combination of too much whiskey and too little admiration. I have been procrastinating on finishing this for roughly two years, it was originally suppose to be my interpretation of Love Sickness, but a phone call later and a few mints the meaning changed to Unrequited Love. Not that i was ever in love. 


If you haven't guessed, or are unfamiliar with the piece this is modeled off of German Artist 
Albrecht Dürer piece titled Adam And Eve. Durer was a firm believer of  the Italian art theories; one of which followed the idea that the perfect human form corresponded to a system of proportion and measurements. 


Not that i disagree, but i took a different approach to my piece, one that would better express the complex, irrational notion of young love. The emaciation and elongation of the bodies also helps to express the emotional turmoil of the subjects. Just like when Eve initially stole that forbidden, they two lost their innocence.

1 comment:

  1. I've got pieces of artwork from a couple years ago I still need to finish. Sometimes you just have to be in the right mood I guess. This is going to look sweet once its finished!

    ReplyDelete