Friday, March 2, 2012

Life and Death

This caracature of Dexter is by the French illustrator, Anthony Geoffry. Im not really into the show, but I do know Dexter is a character that assumes the role of a modern day serial killer. The artist displays Dexter with a nonchalant expression, splattered in what I imagine is human blood. The feathered hairstyle in addition to his shaved face doesn't quite suggest killer to me at first look; which may be the appeal when he lure in his victims. But after seeing the splattered blood I surely assume that its from an unsuspecting person and he stares emotionless at the corpse. Now to psychoanalyze this guy on assumption, I would guess that he finds a twisted satisfaction in killing people which helps him cope with life on his own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment